26 January 2019
by Wojciech Gryc
Similar to the challenges for human civilization list, I wanted to make a list of interesting adventure challenges that one can seek to overcome during their lifetime. I’ve become curious about making such lists after running my first ultramarathon and continuing on to complete a few 50km and 80km runs.
The list below is not exhaustive and my goal is to update it regularly with interesting ideas, races, and missions.
- Archeology and exploration
- Physical endurance
- Completing the Great Divide Trail
- Running a 50km trail run (then an 80km, 100km, etc.); we now have 200-mile runs
- Completing an arctic ultramarathon
- Cross country skiing across the arctic, Antarctic, or other regions
- Exploring nature
- Portaging Northern Ontario
- Mountain climbing and Alpine adventurism (particularly without supplemental oxygen)
- Science and technology
- Gliding and flight records
- Becoming an astronaut (commercial or otherwise)